Monday, February 21, 2011

guest room re-do

My sister was coming for a visit.  She finally arranged to have time off from both jobs for the same weekend.  I wanted her visit with us to be very relaxing.  I decided to start with a little re-do on the guest bedroom. 

Here is a picture from Christmas...

The bedspread is a megan joneschenille I picked up in Canton, Texas at Market Days!

The linen sheet is hand embroidered flea market find...



I added the vintage thread spools with various shades of blue threads and a rustic iron tree with sweet little birds and of course a birdhouse church...

A few vintage touches...assorted collection of vintage door knobs and a cute purse I found at Salvation Army.  I filled it with several of my scarves and a few extras. 
an encouraging message...

topped off with a pretty bow! 

I am linking with Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch

No comments: